Fire Department access ways shall be provided and maintained in accordance with the California Fire Code (CFC) and as provided herein.
- Adhere to all Santa Barbara County Public Works and Flood Control grading and drainage requirements.
- The minimum standard structural section shall be designed and constructed to be capable of supporting a 20-ton vehicle.
- An approved 12 foot (minimum) all-weather road shall be installed on driveways and private roadways (shall not exceed 15% slope).
- An approved all weather driveway or private road surface is defined as: suitable aggregate material over compacted subgrade soil.
- An approved Fire Department turnaround shall be required (Development Standard # 1).
- Gated access shall be provided with an approved Fire Department locking system. Minimum clear width of gate opening shall be the same as required of the road served. Refer to Santa Barbara County Fire Department Development Standard #7.
Addresses are required and assigned by the Fire Department.
- Address numbers shall be installed and maintained for the life of the project.
- Address numbers shall be a minimum of 6 inches and shall contrast with their background.
- Address numbers shall be placed in a position that is plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property.
- At road forks or down long driveways, it must be obvious to any emergency vehicle where the cell site is located by direction and additional numerical signs.
- If required, the following shall be installed per the current adopted California Fire Code:
-Above ground fuel tank
- Portable fire extinguishers shall be installed in accordance with the current adopted Santa Barbara County Code Chapter 15.